Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Where, oh where have I been?

The Nauman Family Kent and Kayla

Fourth of July in Boston


Fourth of July in Boston
Cape Cod May '09
Baseball Roadtrip August '09

Amy visiting July '09



Kent Auditioned for American Idol...
"When I grow up, I wanna be famous, wanna be as star..."
Watch the show and you'll understand what I mean.

Kent and Kayla 2 year Anniversary
We went to NY and saw Little Mermaid on Broadway!

Well, it's only been six months since I posted anything new, not too shabby, eh? Summer out here in Boston was wet, not too wild, but overall quite fun. One of my best friends from high school, Amy, came to visit us from WA for a week in July. We showed her the ropes of the East Coast and had a blast with her here! More of you should take us up on the offer and COME VISIT US!!!

I spent the summer working for Reed, and also working as a Medical Assistant at the doctor's office in Concord. Kent has been working hard to improve his GMAT score. He's taking it one last time (lucky number four, we hope) a week from today! He also just today submitted his first of many grad school applications; this one was to University of Washington!! It would be so great to see some West Coast in our future!

I went home to Elma at the end of August to visit my family for a month. I drove from Boston to Utah with my friend Carley (fun times--we got to stop and see our friend Tasha and her hubby Jeff too!!), visited family and friends in Utah for a week, then flew home from there. My brother Ki returned from his mission to Tempe, AZ, and we had a blast playing and having fun together as a family. Kent came out for a week in the middle of my trip, so that made the whole thing bearable.

For the past 3+ months now, I've been dealing with some sevre stomach issues though. I have been going in for test after test, including but not limited to stool samples, blood work, colonoscopy with biopsies, and upper GI series with small bowel follow through. So far, all they can say is that I appear healthy. But we all know I'm not, and are still trying to figure it all out. I go in tomorrow for a three hour Krystalose test, and we'll see from there. So far, my best guess is severe irritable bowel syndrome, but if that's what it is, it's sure putting a cramp on my lifestyle! Most days lately I can't even get out of bed, and eating has gone from a favorite pasttime hobby to a real chore. We'll spare you all the details from there, but if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears! They thought it was Crohn's or Celiac, but it's not (as of now anyway).

Anyway, that's that for us for now. We sold our house and it has been such a blessing! We sure miss our Idaho Falls friends and neighbors; it will be hard to ever find another group of such amazing people all squeezed into one amazing little neighborhood. We love you IF!!!!

The next big thing will be figuring out where we go from here....and when. We should be getting grad school responses by December or January. Our top 5 options are BYU, University of WA, U of Utah, Texas A&M, and Johns Hopkins. We'll keep you posted when we find out what's next!

4 comments:

Kjerstin said...

Hurray! Another update! :) I'm so sorry you're still battling your health, that's got to be so frustrating. I'm so glad we get to keep track of you guys, but we still miss you!

Tasha said...

I'm so glad you posted: I like knowing what you're up to. Good luck to Kent, I'm sure he did great and that would be awesome for you to be closer to your fam. I'm glad that you came and visited on your way through! I'm so sorry about the health issues--I'll ask Jeff for any suggestions, but it sounds like you've got all of the docs puzzled even after all of those tests. I don't know if I could go through what you do--food is so delicious. Hopefully they'll figure it out and get some kind of treatment so it won't be such a burden to eat.

Mercedes said...

Hi Kayla! I'm happy to hear you Kent's getting grad applications in! That'll be exciting! I'm sorry to hear about your stomach issues though! That's no fun at all. That would be awesome if you guys got to come back out here to Utah for Grad School! Then we could all party together! Devin and I are still at BYU, but we're living in Orem in his grandparents basement! It's been a good change. I'm in the Special Education Major and trying to figure out what to do about Student Teaching (since our baby will be 9 months old by then!! I still can't believe it!). Devin is working to get into the Mechanical Engineering Major. He's applying after this semester! So cross your fingers and say some prayers that he'll make it! Anyways, that's a short update on where we're at.

D'Lynne and Robert Esplin said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! I am sorry to hear that your health problems are up to no good. I have a friend that was diagnosed with Crohn's about 5 years ago. It doesn't sound so pleasant so I hope they find out what it is and that Crohn's is not it. IF misses you, too. The people that bought your house are keeping it up well. It looks nice. I think they are even putting up a fence. Get better soon :) - D'Lynne :)