Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer Fun


Okay, let me just start by saying I wrote this post several days ago and am only just now getting to posting it, and I will not be posting the pictures I was planning on posting...yet. BECAUSE...OUR SON, KYSON KENT NIXON IS HERE!!! He arrived yesterday, 8-18-11 at 2:03pm, 9 lbs. 5.2oz, 21.5 inches long and he is perfect. I am sitting in the hospital eagerly awaiting tomorrow morning, placement day. Once we make it through tomorrow I will be on here posting pictures like crazy. For now, I am sticking this up here simply to stay caught up. I feel crazy, but right now it's all I can do. We are beyond overjoyed with our beautiful son--he is perfect. 

So...This summer has been an amazing one for Kent and me. We bought the 7 Peaks Pass of all Passes that gets you into 7 Peaks, Raging Waters, Trafalga, and a bunch of other events for free a few months back. We have had the chance to go to the water parks so much this summer! It’s been awesome. Utahns, we definitely recommend the Pass of all Passes. J

When my mom and siblings came out in July for our baby showers and stuff, we also got to go see the American Idol Top Ten concert. My dad was supposed to come, but at the last minute was unable to, so they gave me his ticket. Unfortunately Kent didn’t get to come, but I had so much fun with my mom, little sister Lyska, little brother Tyson, and little sister Katelyn and her hubby Steve. It was awesome. It was amazing how well everyone sang (minus Jacob, in my opinion). We had amazing seats and just had a blast. Scotty and Lauren are still favorites, but Haley and Casey are also just incredible. Here are some pics from the big night:

While they were in Utah, we celebrated my mom’s birthday by taking her out to lunch at Applebee’s and sending her on a fun scavenger hunt that started at the health club, went to the house, then eventually to Macy’s, where we bought her a new pan and some cookware. We also got her a massage, which she so deserved. Happy birthday, Mom, you’re the greatest!

My family spent two weeks here in Utah, and then it was time to go home. My sister Katelyn decided to drive home with them for a couple weeks and then fly back to Utah later. My brother Ki was also going to be flying home for a couple weeks. So I was going to be the only sibling not at home! So, Kent and I decided to take yet another impulsive trip up to the Northwest. We decided to surprise my family though. So Saturday night while my mom was attempting to pack up her car and realizing it wasn’t all going to fit, we took her aside and told her we were going to be driving home at the same time the next morning. So we snuck some of their bags and things into our car without my siblings knowing. Then the next morning we got up and left around 5:30am…about 15 minutes before my mom left. We ended up getting home about 45 minutes before them; just in time to hide the car, sneak in, completely surprise my dad, then sit on the couch and wait for everyone else to get home. It was priceless. Lyska walked into the living room first when they got home and was just in shock. Her jaw hit the ground and she was just kind of in shock and then started jumping up and down. We told her to sit down next to us, and then she called Tyson and Katelyn in, saying “Jimmer’s on TV!” Next, Tyson came running in, glanced at us, then the TV, then back at us and his jaw hit the floor and he was just speechless. So he sat down. Then came Katelyn. She ran in, looked at us, looked at the TV, and kept looking at the TV, confused because Jimmer wasn’t on the TV. It took her about 20-30 seconds, and finally she saw us and flipped out. It was so funny.

So Kent and I got to spend just under a week at home where we went wakeboarding, inner tubing, visited my Nanny and Gucky, and hiked around in our river. Kent and I also made it up to Seattle and were able to visit our friends Nate and Lacey and also go to the Seattle Temple. I love going home!

We’ve also had the chance to go camping a few times this summer. While camping, we discovered a new, delicious, fantastic camping treat: “S’mOreos!!! They are exactly what they sound like: S’mores on Oreos. Go ahead. Try it sometime. You’ll never want to go back. They are delicious.

Kent and I also got to go hiking to the Spanish Fork Hot Springs with Ki and one of his friends Drew. It is gorgeous down there and we had a blast.

This past weekend we spent in Layton at the FSA National Adoption Conference. Sister Julie B. Beck was Friday’s keynote speaker and she was amazing. And Dr. Karyn Purvis was Saturday’s keynote speaker—she is an incredible woman. We were able to go to so many different classes and network with so many people who are a part of the adoption world. It was an incredible weekend.

(So, sometime this week we will be parents. Our little boy is due on August 20th, which is just a few short days away. We have had an incredible summer, but nothing we have ever done can compare to the excitement we both feel right now. We are so grateful to our dear birthmother, H, for all she is doing for us, and we can’t wait to welcome our son into our home! My next post will definitely be an update on everything that will be happening in the next few days. I can’t wait to share with you our bundle of joy whom we already love so very much! *Obviously this was written a few days ago, lol )

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I've been very behind in the blogging world, so I didn't even know that you guys had been chosen for placement until we got a text of his picture! Congratulations and we are so happy for you! You two will be excellent parents:)