Monday, August 8, 2011

Showers and Showers

So, as I continue to attempt to make up for oh so much lost time on here, I would like to spend a few minutes on the showers of baby showers I was lucky enough to have over the past month-ish. (Not to mention the oodles of real showers Utah has been getting! It's been raining so much I almost feel like I'm home in Washington! I love it!)

My first shower was thrown by some sweet friends of ours from our ward in Provo. We had this shower back in June, because we were moving to Salt Lake in June and wanted to have it before we left. So at the beginning of June, the showers began:

My "Baby Shower" cupcakes I made...I thought they were pretty fun and cute!
I want to thank Nadine and all of my dear Provo Peak 11th Ward friends for everything. I love you all and miss you so much! We so appreciate all you did for us. We had such a great time that day. I also want to thank our wonderful Birthmother H and her mother and sister for taking the time to come join us at my shower. It meant so much to have you there.

After that shower, H's family had a wedding reception to go to, so H spent the afternoon with us. We went to lunch at Cafe Rio, and went and saw a movie with my brother Ki and sister Katelyn and her husband Steve. That was also the day that Katelyn announced to us that she is expecting! So our little baby boy Kyson Kent (yes, that is what we are planning on naming him!) will have a cousin only 6 months younger than him! Yay!

After our Ward Baby Shower, we embarked on a crazy expedition of moving out/moving most of our stuff into the stairwell between our apartment and the downstairs apartment where our cousins lived, having our three nieces over for a sleepover, and then driving to California to spend a week and a half with Kent's parents, brothers Reed and Rob and Rob's wife Katie...all of this in less than one week! Hence, I will have to dedicate another post to that experience.

At the beginning of July, my mom, sister Lyska, and brother Tyson came out to Utah for a couple weeks of fun. We got to go to the American Idol Top 10 Tour, went swimming, to Raging Waters, played games, etc...and, of course, had more showers!!!

My incredible Aunt Kathy, and cousins Kristin and Renae threw me a shower at Kristin's home for my side of the family. It was beautiful, and so much fun to be there with my family and close friends! Thank you Kathy, Kristin, and Renae--I love you all and just think the world of you! H and her family came into town that weekend for this shower and for the one on Kent's side of the family the following day. It was wonderful getting to spend more time with her and her family, and especially for our families to finally get to meet one another. Unfortunately, both our dad's were missing, but other than that it was fabulous.

The wonderful group!
H's sister helping out with the Nursery Rhyme Jeopardy game!
My grandma, "Oma" in the middle with her sister-in-law and sister: my Great Aunt Sherrie and Great Aunt Bev
The delicious food and adorable "diaper cake" Kristin and Renae made!
Kent and me singing, "Sealed With Love"
BYU Freshman Friends: Krista, me, Amanda, Mandy, and Carley. Friends since 2005!
H and her mom and two sisters

My wonderful sister-in-law Raelene, and Kent's amazing cousins Melody and Deondra were sweet enough to throw me a shower for Kent's side of the family at Raelene's home. It was a beautiful sunny day that day, so we got to have it outside and it was lovely all around. So many wonderful cousins, family, friends, etc. Loved every minute of it!

Kent and me with H at Raelene's
The beautiful outdoor setup of delicious food
Singing our song
H's mom, sisters, my Mom, me and Kent
So, to all of you who were in any way shape or form involved in our showerings of love, THANK YOU! We love you! At both of the showers, Kent and I sang a song we had recently finished writing together about our adoption, entitled, "Sealed With Love." It is simply our love and our feelings regarding our adoption put to music we created together. I will try and record it and put it on here soon.

So, largely because of our dear family and friends, we....are....ready. Well, at least about as ready as we CAN get. We know that once our Kyson arrives, "ready" will fly out the window and be a mere joke forever more. But, we are ready for that! We have had such a wonderful four years of marriage together, and we are so ready to add to the love that is in our home and let the priorities in life change altogether forever. So Kyson, whenever you are ready to come and see what's in store for you, I repeat: We. Are. Ready.

3 comments:

Whitney DeCoria said...

Holy baby showers; those looked like so much fun! I can only hope to have one 1/2 that size, haha! And congrats on Katelyn and Steve expecting; so fun! There will be so many babies around! :)

Lanette said...

Oh so so fun! Congratulations!!! We are so thrilled for you guys =) Iris can't wait to meet Kyson! And I'm so impressed with your cupcake decorating! Cute cute cute! That diaper cake too--so many cute ideas!

L.B. said...

Is Kyson here yet? :o)